Friday, October 27, 2006

"Life is like a box of chocolates.."

Oh, the famous opening. Life probably is like a box of chocolates, except you can't choose which set of chocolates you want, and in the end, like it or not, you end up eating them all.

Regardless of whether the famous metaphor is true, I got a box of chocolates today, from the same student of mine who found me in my room with a huge frown yesterday. What a sweetheart. In return I let her know that our volleyball team is back in the tournament (we got kicked out because there were too many teams; then, one team decided not to participate), and she jumped up and down and left for class with a huge smile.

Unfortunately all I could muster up was a weak grin, looking down at the box of chocolates. The pink wrapping paper, and the brown ribbon. Thanks, Hannah.

My insides are turning. I tried to sleep last night and couldn't. I feel full just looking at the chocolates, and yet, I am completely hollow and empty. My eyes are burning.

Control, control.

No comments: